28 junho 2010

I Disappoint You

  Cigarettes And Chocolate Milk

Cigarettes and chocolate milk
These are just a couple of my cravings
Everything it seems i like's a little bit stronger
A little bit thicker, a little bit harmful for me
If i should buy jellybeans
Have to eat them all in just one sitting
Everything it seems i like's a little bit sweeter
A little bit fatter, a little bit harmful for me
And then there's those other things
Which for several reasons we won't mention
Everything about them is a little bit stranger, a little bit harder
A little bit deadly
It isn't very smart
Tends to make one part
So brokenhearted
Sitting here remembering me
Always been a shoe made for the city
Go ahead accuse me of just singing about places
Or scrappy boy's faces have general run out of town
Playing with prodigal sons
Takes a lot of sentimental valiums
Can't expect the world to be your raggedy andy
While running on empty, you little old doll with a frown
You got to keep in the game
Retaining mystique while facing forward
I suggest a reading of a lesson in tightropes
Or surfing your high hopes of adios kansas
It isn't very smart
Tends to make one part
So brokenhearted
Still there's not a show on my back
Holes or a friendly intervention
I'm just a little bit heiress, a little bit irish
A little bit tower of pisa
Whenever i see ya
So please be kind if i'm a mess
Cigarettes and chocolate milk
Cigarettes and chocolate milk


 Do I Disappoint You

Do I disappoint you, in just being human?
And not one of the elements, that you can light your cigar on
Why does it always have to be fire?
Why does it always have to be brimstone?
Desire
Cool this body down
Do I disappoint you, in just being lonely?
And not one of the elements that you can call your one and only
Why does it always have to be water?
Why does it always have to be holy wine?
Destruction
Of all mankind
And do I disappoint you?
Do I disappoint you in just being like you?
Tired of being the reason the road has a shoulder
And it could be argued, why they all return to the order
Why does it always have to be chaos?
Why does it always have to be wanderlust?
Sensational
I'm gonna smash your bloody skull.
'Cause, baby, no, you can't see inside
No, baby, no, you can't see my soul
Do I disappoint you?
Do I disappoint you?


 Not Ready to Love

I'm not ready to love, I'm not ready for peace
I'm giving up the dove to the beast
I'm not ready to surrender to another gloved murderer

I'm not ready to love, I'm not ready to fly
I'm giving up belief in the sky
So you can take my seat in up above, on high, say goodbye

I'm not ready to love, I'm not ready to lie
I'm not ready to love
Until I'm ready to love you the way you should be loved
Until I'm ready to hold you the way you should be held
You should be held, but I'm not ready to


Rufus Wainwright 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

GAROTA DE OUTONO

GAROTA DE OUTONO

Por um 2010 mais romântico!

Loading...